Wednesday, July 8, 2015

pixlr.com--image editing tool similar to photoshop

Editing images with Photoshop will be a part of my course content next semester. I downloaded and installed Photoshop CS 6, which was introduced in the course shell. I spent quit a bit of time learning all the basic functions of Photoshop to get familiar with it. I find it not that easy for a beginner to learn Photoshop as a completely new tool.  Photoshop CS 6 was published in 2012. Actually Photoshop has published newer versions since 2013, the Photoshop CC. It even took me a while to find the old version, Photoshop CS 6. I'm thinking whether I should change all the content into compatible with the newest version, Photoshop CC.

Today I got to know about pixlr.com from Tian Luo's instructional video. The editing function of Pixlr.com is very similar to photosho. It is an online editing tool and does not require download or sign-up. If it's just for some basic editing, pixlr.com should be OK. However, pixlr.com has very limited functions and can not meet with some advanced needs. For example, there is a quick selection tool in Photoshop, which is very convenient to quickly and accurately select part of the picture, but pixlr.com does not provide this function.

Should I stick with Photoshop CS 6 in the course shell, or use the newest version Photoshop CC, or integrate pixlr.com? I think I'll explore a little more and make a decision on the plan after I talk to my advisor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment