Thursday, June 4, 2015

The first online game I designed

The program I designed through Scratch:
Little Game:
Homesick Cody
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/56519786/

Little Story:
Little Octopus and Super Hippo
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/54965792/

All the elements were drawn and coded by me.

Code Yourself!-An Introduction to Programming

This is the first course I took on Coursera. It's an interesting and easy course. In the lecturer videos, there is an immediate question after each important knowledge point to check if learners have mastered it and it's not scored. The video will continue if the right choice is made. I find this immediate formative assessment is very effective to engage learners and help learners to be focused and get the important points. I used to just ignore the discussion forum as the messages are overwhelming, but I find it's helpful as I got responses and help from other classmates everytime I posed a question (Maybe my questions were just lucky enough to have the attention from other classmates who have more expertise). Apart from the weekly quizzes, we have two peer assessment projects. With the rubric, we need to evaluate at least three projects of other classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment